This morning Battenhall hosted one of the opening events of Social Media Week London 2013. We presented three topics:
- The current state of the social media economy and what brands need to know for corporate and consumer comms
- Our FTSE 100 report, a new piece of research into how companies in the index are using Twitter and social media for comms
- What’s next: five future trends for brands looking to invest time in social media
We were humbled by the turnout. It appears that the promise of Cronuts, Jimmy’s Iced Coffee and the opportunity to sit in the famous lecture theatre that Faraday presented his groundbreaking technology experiments in 200 years ago was enough to draw a crowd
Some of the attendees have blogged the event already. Cake’s review, eModeration’s, PR Social Design’s , Alison Battisby’s, Royally Social’s and Viral Crush’s are all hugely in-depth, and if you weren’t there, you’ll get the full picture if you read them (You’ll need to know Norwegian for the latter).
We have also put together a Storify of the tweets from the event. We counted over 900 of them, which propelled us to trend in the UK on a rather busy news day too. And if you’d like to watch the video of the event too, our live stream is here. Thanks as ever for your support.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Man United fans learn of Moyes sacking on Twitter first April 22, 2014
- Facebook’s brave new venture into unbranded apps April 17, 2014
- Can you really ‘Own the Moment’ on Twitter? April 16, 2014
- Facebook break up: brands and young users move on April 15, 2014
- #BattenVEDA: Vlogging tips and tricks April 14, 2014
- The role of digital in the future of health April 12, 2014
- Why apps will become obsolete April 11, 2014
- Twitter wants to be Facebook, Facebook wants to be Twitter April 10, 2014
- Instagram beats Twitter and Facebook for top spot with teens April 9, 2014
- News media take to WhatsApp and WeChat April 9, 2014
- Battenhall team at last airing of social TV show @TheFoxProblem April 2, 2014
- Tips for Preparing for #BattenVEDA March 28, 2014
- Anonymous, hyperlocal app Firechat breaks new boundaries in social messaging March 27, 2014
- The implications of Facebook purchasing Oculus March 26, 2014
- Register to be part of the #BattenVEDA Community March 25, 2014