This morning Battenhall hosted one of the opening events of Social Media Week London 2013. We presented three topics:
- The current state of the social media economy and what brands need to know for corporate and consumer comms
- Our FTSE 100 report, a new piece of research into how companies in the index are using Twitter and social media for comms
- What’s next: five future trends for brands looking to invest time in social media
We were humbled by the turnout. It appears that the promise of Cronuts, Jimmy’s Iced Coffee and the opportunity to sit in the famous lecture theatre that Faraday presented his groundbreaking technology experiments in 200 years ago was enough to draw a crowd
Some of the attendees have blogged the event already. Cake’s review, eModeration’s, PR Social Design’s , Alison Battisby’s, Royally Social’s and Viral Crush’s are all hugely in-depth, and if you weren’t there, you’ll get the full picture if you read them (You’ll need to know Norwegian for the latter).
We have also put together a Storify of the tweets from the event. We counted over 900 of them, which propelled us to trend in the UK on a rather busy news day too. And if you’d like to watch the video of the event too, our live stream is here. Thanks as ever for your support.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Twitter goes all Snapchat and launches private image sharing December 11, 2013
- Gary Vaynerchuck is coming to London December 10, 2013
- WhatsApp overtakes Facebook for mobile messaging December 4, 2013
- Battenhall working with The International HIV / AIDS Alliance to promote their World AIDS Day campaign December 1, 2013
- Snapchat usage now bigger than Facebook and Instagram combined November 22, 2013
- Tweets used live in the House of Commons for first time in Prime Minister’s Questions November 21, 2013
- How to get started with the new Twitter advertising system for reputation management and brand engagement November 14, 2013
- How Twitter’s new Custom Timelines can be used for brands November 13, 2013
- Battenhall appointed by Gob on Games to launch new iOS game Spit on a Banker November 13, 2013
- Flipboard moves into ecommerce with brand tie-ups November 12, 2013
- Some thoughts on our future with Twitter on IPO day November 7, 2013
- Facebook axes the ‘Like Thumb’ November 7, 2013
- World domination: Twitter’s focus on international growth November 6, 2013
- Now introducing…Biebernet? November 5, 2013
- Big Brother is watching you… so it can target you with coffee ads November 5, 2013