This morning Battenhall hosted one of the opening events of Social Media Week London 2013. We presented three topics:
- The current state of the social media economy and what brands need to know for corporate and consumer comms
- Our FTSE 100 report, a new piece of research into how companies in the index are using Twitter and social media for comms
- What’s next: five future trends for brands looking to invest time in social media
We were humbled by the turnout. It appears that the promise of Cronuts, Jimmy’s Iced Coffee and the opportunity to sit in the famous lecture theatre that Faraday presented his groundbreaking technology experiments in 200 years ago was enough to draw a crowd
Some of the attendees have blogged the event already. Cake’s review, eModeration’s, PR Social Design’s , Alison Battisby’s, Royally Social’s and Viral Crush’s are all hugely in-depth, and if you weren’t there, you’ll get the full picture if you read them (You’ll need to know Norwegian for the latter).
We have also put together a Storify of the tweets from the event. We counted over 900 of them, which propelled us to trend in the UK on a rather busy news day too. And if you’d like to watch the video of the event too, our live stream is here. Thanks as ever for your support.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Team Battenhall expands with two new senior hires March 10, 2014
- Battenhall turns one: the year in review March 8, 2014
- Yahoo signs Mourinho to be Tumblr-posting global football ambassador March 6, 2014
- Social media strategy for healthcare 101 March 5, 2014
- Social data predicts Wolf of Wall St will win at the Oscars March 1, 2014
- Reddit launches new and experimental news format, Liveupdate February 25, 2014
- Sina Weibo prepares for IPO February 25, 2014
- Calling all causes: Battenhall’s birthday present is back to you February 25, 2014
- Data from social media is the must-have brand asset February 25, 2014
- MWC2014: Ericsson and Facebook Innovation Lab February 24, 2014
- Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed February 21, 2014
- LinkedIn unlocks long-form posting privileges February 20, 2014
- The $16bn address book: what Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp means for brands February 19, 2014
- Data is the new gold and data centres are the gold mines February 19, 2014
- Social media overtakes Google as top referrer to mainstream media February 18, 2014