This morning Battenhall hosted one of the opening events of Social Media Week London 2013. We presented three topics:
- The current state of the social media economy and what brands need to know for corporate and consumer comms
- Our FTSE 100 report, a new piece of research into how companies in the index are using Twitter and social media for comms
- What’s next: five future trends for brands looking to invest time in social media
We were humbled by the turnout. It appears that the promise of Cronuts, Jimmy’s Iced Coffee and the opportunity to sit in the famous lecture theatre that Faraday presented his groundbreaking technology experiments in 200 years ago was enough to draw a crowd
Some of the attendees have blogged the event already. Cake’s review, eModeration’s, PR Social Design’s , Alison Battisby’s, Royally Social’s and Viral Crush’s are all hugely in-depth, and if you weren’t there, you’ll get the full picture if you read them (You’ll need to know Norwegian for the latter).
We have also put together a Storify of the tweets from the event. We counted over 900 of them, which propelled us to trend in the UK on a rather busy news day too. And if you’d like to watch the video of the event too, our live stream is here. Thanks as ever for your support.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- 10 must-have IFTTT recipes for social media managers August 29, 2014
- Instagram launches new time lapse video app Hyperlapse August 26, 2014
- YouTube’s new Music Key service launches as direct competitor to Spotify August 22, 2014
- Instagram adds new marketing tools for account data insights and ads August 22, 2014
- A world beyond apps, from two different perspectives August 20, 2014
- Twitter launches data visualisation tool #EverydayMoments August 15, 2014
- Facebook now tells us when ads lead to purchases August 14, 2014
- Yo takes on Twitter with new sharing features August 13, 2014
- 5 graphs worth reading: the social media sections in Ofcom’s new UK media and comms report August 7, 2014
- How Buzzfeed is disrupting the media model with new hires and ways of working August 6, 2014
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014