- 42% of companies have just one person looking after social media.
- 40% of companies have 2-3 people looking after social media.
- 9% of companies have six or more people managing social media.
- 25% of companies have interns helping with social media.
- 86% of companies measure social media in terms of likes and followers.
- Of all comms departments, advertising is the least likely to be in charge of social media in 26% of instances – marketing and PR are most likely (70% and 69% respectively).
Image courtesy of Ragan.
This is Battenhall. The brand communications agency for the social media economy.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Battenhall turns one: the year in review March 8, 2014
- Yahoo signs Mourinho to be Tumblr-posting global football ambassador March 6, 2014
- Social media strategy for healthcare 101 March 5, 2014
- Social data predicts Wolf of Wall St will win at the Oscars March 1, 2014
- Reddit launches new and experimental news format, Liveupdate February 25, 2014
- Sina Weibo prepares for IPO February 25, 2014
- Calling all causes: Battenhall’s birthday present is back to you February 25, 2014
- Data from social media is the must-have brand asset February 25, 2014
- MWC2014: Ericsson and Facebook Innovation Lab February 24, 2014
- Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed February 21, 2014
- LinkedIn unlocks long-form posting privileges February 20, 2014
- The $16bn address book: what Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp means for brands February 19, 2014
- Data is the new gold and data centres are the gold mines February 19, 2014
- Social media overtakes Google as top referrer to mainstream media February 18, 2014
- These are the 50 most innovative companies in the world right now February 18, 2014