- 42% of companies have just one person looking after social media.
- 40% of companies have 2-3 people looking after social media.
- 9% of companies have six or more people managing social media.
- 25% of companies have interns helping with social media.
- 86% of companies measure social media in terms of likes and followers.
- Of all comms departments, advertising is the least likely to be in charge of social media in 26% of instances – marketing and PR are most likely (70% and 69% respectively).
Image courtesy of Ragan.
This is Battenhall. The brand communications agency for the social media economy.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- WhatsApp overtakes Facebook for mobile messaging December 4, 2013
- Battenhall working with The International HIV / AIDS Alliance to promote their World AIDS Day campaign December 1, 2013
- Snapchat usage now bigger than Facebook and Instagram combined November 22, 2013
- Tweets used live in the House of Commons for first time in Prime Minister’s Questions November 21, 2013
- How to get started with the new Twitter advertising system for reputation management and brand engagement November 14, 2013
- How Twitter’s new Custom Timelines can be used for brands November 13, 2013
- Battenhall appointed by Gob on Games to launch new iOS game Spit on a Banker November 13, 2013
- Flipboard moves into ecommerce with brand tie-ups November 12, 2013
- Some thoughts on our future with Twitter on IPO day November 7, 2013
- Facebook axes the ‘Like Thumb’ November 7, 2013
- World domination: Twitter’s focus on international growth November 6, 2013
- Now introducing…Biebernet? November 5, 2013
- Big Brother is watching you… so it can target you with coffee ads November 5, 2013
- The Vietnamese Silicon Valley Project November 1, 2013
- Battenhall moves to new home October 24, 2013