- 42% of companies have just one person looking after social media.
- 40% of companies have 2-3 people looking after social media.
- 9% of companies have six or more people managing social media.
- 25% of companies have interns helping with social media.
- 86% of companies measure social media in terms of likes and followers.
- Of all comms departments, advertising is the least likely to be in charge of social media in 26% of instances – marketing and PR are most likely (70% and 69% respectively).
Image courtesy of Ragan.
This is Battenhall. The brand communications agency for the social media economy.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014
- Response to Facebook’s mood measuring experiment asks users to leave for 99 days July 16, 2014
- SnapChat experiments with collaborative timelines, again July 14, 2014
- Battenhallers out and about this week July 10, 2014
- Register for #BattenVEDA | Vlog Every Day in August July 8, 2014
- Why Facebook’s mood manipulation experiments are only the beginning July 4, 2014
- Twitter trials buy now button and acquires Tap Commerce for $100m July 1, 2014
- How Firechat is rolling out off the grid messaging across mobile platforms June 25, 2014
- How engaging teens on social media needs an understanding of the real reason Facebook is uncool June 17, 2014
- 10 trends shaping the future internet of things June 16, 2014
- Battenhall’s view of the future of PR – CIPR North conference keynote and slides June 12, 2014