- 42% of companies have just one person looking after social media.
- 40% of companies have 2-3 people looking after social media.
- 9% of companies have six or more people managing social media.
- 25% of companies have interns helping with social media.
- 86% of companies measure social media in terms of likes and followers.
- Of all comms departments, advertising is the least likely to be in charge of social media in 26% of instances – marketing and PR are most likely (70% and 69% respectively).
Image courtesy of Ragan.
This is Battenhall. The brand communications agency for the social media economy.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Man United fans learn of Moyes sacking on Twitter first April 22, 2014
- Facebook’s brave new venture into unbranded apps April 17, 2014
- Can you really ‘Own the Moment’ on Twitter? April 16, 2014
- Facebook break up: brands and young users move on April 15, 2014
- #BattenVEDA: Vlogging tips and tricks April 14, 2014
- The role of digital in the future of health April 12, 2014
- Why apps will become obsolete April 11, 2014
- Twitter wants to be Facebook, Facebook wants to be Twitter April 10, 2014
- Instagram beats Twitter and Facebook for top spot with teens April 9, 2014
- News media take to WhatsApp and WeChat April 9, 2014
- Battenhall team at last airing of social TV show @TheFoxProblem April 2, 2014
- Tips for Preparing for #BattenVEDA March 28, 2014
- Anonymous, hyperlocal app Firechat breaks new boundaries in social messaging March 27, 2014
- The implications of Facebook purchasing Oculus March 26, 2014
- Register to be part of the #BattenVEDA Community March 25, 2014