The Internet Advertising Bureau’s new report into digital advertising spend in the UK, released today, shows that our industry is in rude health. As The Guardian pointed out in its coverage of the news, spending one in 12 waking minutes online has pushed digital spend to record highs.
Apart from revealing to us that advertisers have more money than ever to play with (the UK saw over 3 billion of digital ad spend in the first half of 2013) the report also illustrates how social media is increasingly becoming a prominent part of UK brands’ marketing mix.
Social media ad spend has grown 53%, reaching £242.5 million. In the last three years, social media spend has increased almost three-fold (285%).
According to the report, social networks and blogs alongside entertainment account for over one third of UK internet time. In addition to that, the UKCOM/comscore reveals that 12% of internet time (or one in every seven minutes to be exact) is spent on social networks.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014
- Response to Facebook’s mood measuring experiment asks users to leave for 99 days July 16, 2014
- SnapChat experiments with collaborative timelines, again July 14, 2014
- Battenhallers out and about this week July 10, 2014
- Register for #BattenVEDA | Vlog Every Day in August July 8, 2014
- Why Facebook’s mood manipulation experiments are only the beginning July 4, 2014
- Twitter trials buy now button and acquires Tap Commerce for $100m July 1, 2014
- How Firechat is rolling out off the grid messaging across mobile platforms June 25, 2014
- How engaging teens on social media needs an understanding of the real reason Facebook is uncool June 17, 2014
- 10 trends shaping the future internet of things June 16, 2014
- Battenhall’s view of the future of PR – CIPR North conference keynote and slides June 12, 2014