When we say Google Glass, you say…? There are mixed reactions to this wearable technology device as it is one of the most talked about and hotly anticipated gadgets of the year. The plans for the most recent update is what got us talking: the Google patent that lets Glass wearers “like” real life objects with a heart-shaped hand gesture:
These patents aren’t necessarily proof that Google intends to roll out this feature, but it shows that the company is experimenting with new ways of controlling Glass that move beyond voice commands, head gestures and the device’s swipe bar.
Similar to the ‘like’ button on Facebook, the Glass user would be able to frame real-world objects with a heart-shaped hand gesture and using its built-in camera, the wearable device would then analyse the framed content and intelligently ‘like’ the highlighted object or location. Google said that the update would also include other gestures including forming a right angle with your thumb and index finger or moving your hand in the shape of a closed loop.
The possibilities for brands could be endless with this feature if we were to future-gaze, but for now all one can do is wait and see whether Google will actually roll this out…
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Man United fans learn of Moyes sacking on Twitter first April 22, 2014
- Facebook’s brave new venture into unbranded apps April 17, 2014
- Can you really ‘Own the Moment’ on Twitter? April 16, 2014
- Facebook break up: brands and young users move on April 15, 2014
- #BattenVEDA: Vlogging tips and tricks April 14, 2014
- The role of digital in the future of health April 12, 2014
- Why apps will become obsolete April 11, 2014
- Twitter wants to be Facebook, Facebook wants to be Twitter April 10, 2014
- Instagram beats Twitter and Facebook for top spot with teens April 9, 2014
- News media take to WhatsApp and WeChat April 9, 2014
- Battenhall team at last airing of social TV show @TheFoxProblem April 2, 2014
- Tips for Preparing for #BattenVEDA March 28, 2014
- Anonymous, hyperlocal app Firechat breaks new boundaries in social messaging March 27, 2014
- The implications of Facebook purchasing Oculus March 26, 2014
- Register to be part of the #BattenVEDA Community March 25, 2014