When we say Google Glass, you say…? There are mixed reactions to this wearable technology device as it is one of the most talked about and hotly anticipated gadgets of the year. The plans for the most recent update is what got us talking: the Google patent that lets Glass wearers “like” real life objects with a heart-shaped hand gesture:
These patents aren’t necessarily proof that Google intends to roll out this feature, but it shows that the company is experimenting with new ways of controlling Glass that move beyond voice commands, head gestures and the device’s swipe bar.
Similar to the ‘like’ button on Facebook, the Glass user would be able to frame real-world objects with a heart-shaped hand gesture and using its built-in camera, the wearable device would then analyse the framed content and intelligently ‘like’ the highlighted object or location. Google said that the update would also include other gestures including forming a right angle with your thumb and index finger or moving your hand in the shape of a closed loop.
The possibilities for brands could be endless with this feature if we were to future-gaze, but for now all one can do is wait and see whether Google will actually roll this out…
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014
- Response to Facebook’s mood measuring experiment asks users to leave for 99 days July 16, 2014
- SnapChat experiments with collaborative timelines, again July 14, 2014
- Battenhallers out and about this week July 10, 2014
- Register for #BattenVEDA | Vlog Every Day in August July 8, 2014
- Why Facebook’s mood manipulation experiments are only the beginning July 4, 2014
- Twitter trials buy now button and acquires Tap Commerce for $100m July 1, 2014
- How Firechat is rolling out off the grid messaging across mobile platforms June 25, 2014
- How engaging teens on social media needs an understanding of the real reason Facebook is uncool June 17, 2014
- 10 trends shaping the future internet of things June 16, 2014
- Battenhall’s view of the future of PR – CIPR North conference keynote and slides June 12, 2014