Ever hit a horrendous traffic jam on the way to a meeting? Or perhaps you’re meeting friends for dinner and want to see the route everyone is taking? For a while now, I’ve had this problem solved using the app Glympse.
Whilst the app was useful living in a car-friendly territory like California, it’s still shown it’s worth when travelling above ground in London. The main functionality is that you set a recipients; including social networks, a destination, a self-destruct time and a short message. This ‘Glympse’ of your location is then shared as per your preference, including current speed, ETA and most importantly; a trail of the route you’ve taken, and the route you may well take. In the years we’ve been using it, we’ve seen Glympse go from a fairly unembellished UI to one of the smartest and best looking apps on the Android and iOS market.
This week, the service announced a major development in the way it uses the data you collect when travelling – a partnership with the ever-popular Evernote. In all it’s popularity, Glympse has become a tool individuals use when they go on a run, drive, hike or walk, but until now, saving those journeys in a notebook hasn’t been all that easy.
Users can now attach their Evernote account within Glympse, enabling them to save their latest Glympse journey as a note. As Ingrid Lunden from TechCrunch explains “The trails subsequently don’t appear as animated/video views, but as snapshots and details, which in records of who you shared a Glympse trail with, as well as the date, time, and duration of the Glympse as well as the destination if included) of each Glympse saved.”
We’re already avid Evernote fans with our Evernote Moleskins and shared Notebooks to make Battenhall an efficient workspace – the marriage with Glympse is good news all around for us. Let us know which apps make you more efficient through your workday! Our next Battenhall Monthly will be including a hot apps section and we’d love to know your thoughts.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Team Battenhall expands with two new senior hires March 10, 2014
- Battenhall turns one: the year in review March 8, 2014
- Yahoo signs Mourinho to be Tumblr-posting global football ambassador March 6, 2014
- Social media strategy for healthcare 101 March 5, 2014
- Social data predicts Wolf of Wall St will win at the Oscars March 1, 2014
- Reddit launches new and experimental news format, Liveupdate February 25, 2014
- Sina Weibo prepares for IPO February 25, 2014
- Calling all causes: Battenhall’s birthday present is back to you February 25, 2014
- Data from social media is the must-have brand asset February 25, 2014
- MWC2014: Ericsson and Facebook Innovation Lab February 24, 2014
- Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed February 21, 2014
- LinkedIn unlocks long-form posting privileges February 20, 2014
- The $16bn address book: what Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp means for brands February 19, 2014
- Data is the new gold and data centres are the gold mines February 19, 2014
- Social media overtakes Google as top referrer to mainstream media February 18, 2014