Ever hit a horrendous traffic jam on the way to a meeting? Or perhaps you’re meeting friends for dinner and want to see the route everyone is taking? For a while now, I’ve had this problem solved using the app Glympse.
Whilst the app was useful living in a car-friendly territory like California, it’s still shown it’s worth when travelling above ground in London. The main functionality is that you set a recipients; including social networks, a destination, a self-destruct time and a short message. This ‘Glympse’ of your location is then shared as per your preference, including current speed, ETA and most importantly; a trail of the route you’ve taken, and the route you may well take. In the years we’ve been using it, we’ve seen Glympse go from a fairly unembellished UI to one of the smartest and best looking apps on the Android and iOS market.
This week, the service announced a major development in the way it uses the data you collect when travelling – a partnership with the ever-popular Evernote. In all it’s popularity, Glympse has become a tool individuals use when they go on a run, drive, hike or walk, but until now, saving those journeys in a notebook hasn’t been all that easy.
Users can now attach their Evernote account within Glympse, enabling them to save their latest Glympse journey as a note. As Ingrid Lunden from TechCrunch explains “The trails subsequently don’t appear as animated/video views, but as snapshots and details, which in records of who you shared a Glympse trail with, as well as the date, time, and duration of the Glympse as well as the destination if included) of each Glympse saved.”
We’re already avid Evernote fans with our Evernote Moleskins and shared Notebooks to make Battenhall an efficient workspace – the marriage with Glympse is good news all around for us. Let us know which apps make you more efficient through your workday! Our next Battenhall Monthly will be including a hot apps section and we’d love to know your thoughts.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Man Utd, NYE, Murray, England and Real Madrid rule Twitter 2013 December 12, 2013
- Twitter goes all Snapchat and launches private image sharing December 11, 2013
- Gary Vaynerchuck is coming to London December 10, 2013
- WhatsApp overtakes Facebook for mobile messaging December 4, 2013
- Battenhall working with The International HIV / AIDS Alliance to promote their World AIDS Day campaign December 1, 2013
- Snapchat usage now bigger than Facebook and Instagram combined November 22, 2013
- Tweets used live in the House of Commons for first time in Prime Minister’s Questions November 21, 2013
- How to get started with the new Twitter advertising system for reputation management and brand engagement November 14, 2013
- How Twitter’s new Custom Timelines can be used for brands November 13, 2013
- Battenhall appointed by Gob on Games to launch new iOS game Spit on a Banker November 13, 2013
- Flipboard moves into ecommerce with brand tie-ups November 12, 2013
- Some thoughts on our future with Twitter on IPO day November 7, 2013
- Facebook axes the ‘Like Thumb’ November 7, 2013
- World domination: Twitter’s focus on international growth November 6, 2013
- Now introducing…Biebernet? November 5, 2013