The good people of Deloitte’s media and entertainment practice have published their newest and seventh annual consumer media report, titled ‘Love in a cold climate’, which has some interesting findings on digital that are worth sharing.
On social media, Deloitte has suggested that Facebook is the only mass-market social network in the UK, with Twitter and Instagram are seen as popular only among early adopters.
This survey found that the average person has 240 Facebook friends and undertakes on average 3.5 actions on the site every day. The report found a digital divide between the over 25s who are “search-first” in their Internet usage and the under 24s, who are “social first”.
Deloitte’s research also shows that 65% of respondents have access to a smartphone and a third have a tablet in their household, suggesting the further growth of consumption of screen media in the future. Something to look forward to, we think. Read the full report here.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Facebook’s brave new venture into unbranded apps April 17, 2014
- Can you really ‘Own the Moment’ on Twitter? April 16, 2014
- Facebook break up: brands and young users move on April 15, 2014
- #BattenVEDA: Vlogging tips and tricks April 14, 2014
- The role of digital in the future of health April 12, 2014
- Why apps will become obsolete April 11, 2014
- Twitter wants to be Facebook, Facebook wants to be Twitter April 10, 2014
- Instagram beats Twitter and Facebook for top spot with teens April 9, 2014
- News media take to WhatsApp and WeChat April 9, 2014
- Battenhall team at last airing of social TV show @TheFoxProblem April 2, 2014
- Tips for Preparing for #BattenVEDA March 28, 2014
- Anonymous, hyperlocal app Firechat breaks new boundaries in social messaging March 27, 2014
- The implications of Facebook purchasing Oculus March 26, 2014
- Register to be part of the #BattenVEDA Community March 25, 2014
- Project Morpheus: Sony’s new virtual reality headset March 24, 2014