The good people of Deloitte’s media and entertainment practice have published their newest and seventh annual consumer media report, titled ‘Love in a cold climate’, which has some interesting findings on digital that are worth sharing.
On social media, Deloitte has suggested that Facebook is the only mass-market social network in the UK, with Twitter and Instagram are seen as popular only among early adopters.
This survey found that the average person has 240 Facebook friends and undertakes on average 3.5 actions on the site every day. The report found a digital divide between the over 25s who are “search-first” in their Internet usage and the under 24s, who are “social first”.
Deloitte’s research also shows that 65% of respondents have access to a smartphone and a third have a tablet in their household, suggesting the further growth of consumption of screen media in the future. Something to look forward to, we think. Read the full report here.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- 10 must-have IFTTT recipes for social media managers August 29, 2014
- Instagram launches new time lapse video app Hyperlapse August 26, 2014
- YouTube’s new Music Key service launches as direct competitor to Spotify August 22, 2014
- Instagram adds new marketing tools for account data insights and ads August 22, 2014
- A world beyond apps, from two different perspectives August 20, 2014
- Twitter launches data visualisation tool #EverydayMoments August 15, 2014
- Facebook now tells us when ads lead to purchases August 14, 2014
- Yo takes on Twitter with new sharing features August 13, 2014
- 5 graphs worth reading: the social media sections in Ofcom’s new UK media and comms report August 7, 2014
- How Buzzfeed is disrupting the media model with new hires and ways of working August 6, 2014
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014