The good people of Deloitte’s media and entertainment practice have published their newest and seventh annual consumer media report, titled ‘Love in a cold climate’, which has some interesting findings on digital that are worth sharing.
On social media, Deloitte has suggested that Facebook is the only mass-market social network in the UK, with Twitter and Instagram are seen as popular only among early adopters.
This survey found that the average person has 240 Facebook friends and undertakes on average 3.5 actions on the site every day. The report found a digital divide between the over 25s who are “search-first” in their Internet usage and the under 24s, who are “social first”.
Deloitte’s research also shows that 65% of respondents have access to a smartphone and a third have a tablet in their household, suggesting the further growth of consumption of screen media in the future. Something to look forward to, we think. Read the full report here.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Team Battenhall expands with two new senior hires March 10, 2014
- Battenhall turns one: the year in review March 8, 2014
- Yahoo signs Mourinho to be Tumblr-posting global football ambassador March 6, 2014
- Social media strategy for healthcare 101 March 5, 2014
- Social data predicts Wolf of Wall St will win at the Oscars March 1, 2014
- Reddit launches new and experimental news format, Liveupdate February 25, 2014
- Sina Weibo prepares for IPO February 25, 2014
- Calling all causes: Battenhall’s birthday present is back to you February 25, 2014
- Data from social media is the must-have brand asset February 25, 2014
- MWC2014: Ericsson and Facebook Innovation Lab February 24, 2014
- Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed February 21, 2014
- LinkedIn unlocks long-form posting privileges February 20, 2014
- The $16bn address book: what Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp means for brands February 19, 2014
- Data is the new gold and data centres are the gold mines February 19, 2014
- Social media overtakes Google as top referrer to mainstream media February 18, 2014