September 17, 2015 — Published by: Drew
This Monday we hosted 150 VIPs at our annual social media trends briefing event. We began running this event when we were just months old as an agency, and in our first year there was queuing round the block to get in (and cronuts), then in our second year there was cover story news of our talk (in the Daily Telegraph no less), so we had our work cut out this year to make our event bigger and badder than ever.
Our venue was the brand spanking new Ham Yard Hotel in Piccadilly Circus. The venue started to fill at 7am, as our guests tucked into some pastries and power networking before the speakers took to the lectern. Here is how we planned the order of events:
- Part 1: our launch of the new FTSE 100 social media report and key findings
- Part 2: vlogging, by Steph Bennett
- Part 3: millennials, by Dom Whitehurst
- Part 4: badvertising, by Janey Spratt
- Part 5: anti-social, by myself
- Wrap-up: our live poll of what the audience is planning on social media in 2016
The results: our event was the top trending topic on Twitter in the UK, and with write-ups in the Telegraph, City AM, Management Today, The Drum and across the web. The best way to review how the event went is through the write-ups online. The attendees and those tuning in from their desks took better notes collectively than any of the Battenhallers could have. So if you missed it, here is how it went.