New social media data from Experian Hitwise has revealed that the UK spends 13 minutes in every hour spent online using social media. This is the biggest single chunk of our time, followed by entertainment, then shopping and after that news.
One interesting finding is that total time spent on social media is down marginally from non-3G/4G internet access. In other words, it looks like people are moving away from fixed internet access to mobile for their social media, but this Experian Hitwise report tells just part of the story.
The full breakdown of the research, which also looks at US and Australia data is worth a read, and Experian Hitwise is worth a bookmark too, as Robin Goad and his team are regularly creating useful media insights such as this.
Image courtesy of Experian Hitwise.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- 10 must-have IFTTT recipes for social media managers August 29, 2014
- Instagram launches new time lapse video app Hyperlapse August 26, 2014
- YouTube’s new Music Key service launches as direct competitor to Spotify August 22, 2014
- Instagram adds new marketing tools for account data insights and ads August 22, 2014
- A world beyond apps, from two different perspectives August 20, 2014
- Twitter launches data visualisation tool #EverydayMoments August 15, 2014
- Facebook now tells us when ads lead to purchases August 14, 2014
- Yo takes on Twitter with new sharing features August 13, 2014
- 5 graphs worth reading: the social media sections in Ofcom’s new UK media and comms report August 7, 2014
- How Buzzfeed is disrupting the media model with new hires and ways of working August 6, 2014
- Imoji App for iPhone turns your selfies into stickers July 24, 2014
- Facebook fights Twitter with Mentions and influencers July 24, 2014
- Tracking Transience: a project tracking ALL the things July 23, 2014
- Battenhall shortlisted for PR Week New Consultancy of the Year July 21, 2014
- One year in, how Battenhall’s focus on the 80/20 rule and innovation is working July 19, 2014