New social media data from Experian Hitwise has revealed that the UK spends 13 minutes in every hour spent online using social media. This is the biggest single chunk of our time, followed by entertainment, then shopping and after that news.
One interesting finding is that total time spent on social media is down marginally from non-3G/4G internet access. In other words, it looks like people are moving away from fixed internet access to mobile for their social media, but this Experian Hitwise report tells just part of the story.
The full breakdown of the research, which also looks at US and Australia data is worth a read, and Experian Hitwise is worth a bookmark too, as Robin Goad and his team are regularly creating useful media insights such as this.
Image courtesy of Experian Hitwise.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Battenhall turns one: the year in review March 8, 2014
- Yahoo signs Mourinho to be Tumblr-posting global football ambassador March 6, 2014
- Social media strategy for healthcare 101 March 5, 2014
- Social data predicts Wolf of Wall St will win at the Oscars March 1, 2014
- Reddit launches new and experimental news format, Liveupdate February 25, 2014
- Sina Weibo prepares for IPO February 25, 2014
- Calling all causes: Battenhall’s birthday present is back to you February 25, 2014
- Data from social media is the must-have brand asset February 25, 2014
- MWC2014: Ericsson and Facebook Innovation Lab February 24, 2014
- Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed February 21, 2014
- LinkedIn unlocks long-form posting privileges February 20, 2014
- The $16bn address book: what Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp means for brands February 19, 2014
- Data is the new gold and data centres are the gold mines February 19, 2014
- Social media overtakes Google as top referrer to mainstream media February 18, 2014
- These are the 50 most innovative companies in the world right now February 18, 2014