New social media data from Experian Hitwise has revealed that the UK spends 13 minutes in every hour spent online using social media. This is the biggest single chunk of our time, followed by entertainment, then shopping and after that news.
One interesting finding is that total time spent on social media is down marginally from non-3G/4G internet access. In other words, it looks like people are moving away from fixed internet access to mobile for their social media, but this Experian Hitwise report tells just part of the story.
The full breakdown of the research, which also looks at US and Australia data is worth a read, and Experian Hitwise is worth a bookmark too, as Robin Goad and his team are regularly creating useful media insights such as this.
Image courtesy of Experian Hitwise.
We help build brand engagement, protect reputations and devise cutting edge campaigns that matter in our modern times. We eat, sleep and breathe innovation, and we are here to disrupt the old agency model.
From the blog
- Man Utd, NYE, Murray, England and Real Madrid rule Twitter 2013 December 12, 2013
- Twitter goes all Snapchat and launches private image sharing December 11, 2013
- Gary Vaynerchuck is coming to London December 10, 2013
- WhatsApp overtakes Facebook for mobile messaging December 4, 2013
- Battenhall working with The International HIV / AIDS Alliance to promote their World AIDS Day campaign December 1, 2013
- Snapchat usage now bigger than Facebook and Instagram combined November 22, 2013
- Tweets used live in the House of Commons for first time in Prime Minister’s Questions November 21, 2013
- How to get started with the new Twitter advertising system for reputation management and brand engagement November 14, 2013
- How Twitter’s new Custom Timelines can be used for brands November 13, 2013
- Battenhall appointed by Gob on Games to launch new iOS game Spit on a Banker November 13, 2013
- Flipboard moves into ecommerce with brand tie-ups November 12, 2013
- Some thoughts on our future with Twitter on IPO day November 7, 2013
- Facebook axes the ‘Like Thumb’ November 7, 2013
- World domination: Twitter’s focus on international growth November 6, 2013
- Now introducing…Biebernet? November 5, 2013